The estate is comprised of 35 acres of vineyards planted on the rather steep slopes that surround the villages of Sury-en-Vaux, Chavignol and Sancerre. 80% of the vines are planted in the calcareous clay soils known locally as “terres blanches,” which give the wine its body, richness and complexity. The other 20% are planted in “caillottes” also referred to as “griottes,” stony soils that lend lovely fruity notes to the wine. Sauvignon Blanc represents 75% of the production. The red and rosé are made from Pinot Noir. All is done with an environmentally responsible approach to preserve this terroir, an irreplaceable source of such flavorful wines. Working the land, taking care of the soil… daily Elisa strives to find the balance between the vines’ needs and respect of the terroir which has been so generously given to us by Mother Nature. A well-thought-out approach is her priority! She observes her plots throughout the year to care for them as best possible. To respect nature and the environment, she keeps grass between her rows of vines and she works the soil around the base of the vines.

Learn more at Elisa Gueneau

View our varietals below:

  • Sancerre, AOP

    100% Sauvignon Blanc

    Here you have a bodybuilder on a tight rope. Fruits are prominent with white grapefruit juice, under- ripe papaya, and cactus pear. The acid is precise and prickly, bruised sage and resinous hoppy herbality persist. Shiny white stone finish.

    Sustainable Farming
  • Rose

    100% Pinot Noir

    This wine offers aromas of pear, apple, and red berries. On the palate, it is very soft and round, with a good minerality and aromas of wild red fruits and nice sweet notes. Drink within the next 3 years by itself or with light fare food.

    Sustainable Farming